Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Dinner



Who needs chocolate when you can eat cheese


First off, I can't believe it has been so long since I last updated my quasi-defunct blog. My MBA program has taken over so much of my time, but now that the summer internship process is coming to an end I can start blogging again ... and my Valentine's Day dinner was so amazing it made it a perfect time to start!

So what does a guy get for a girl that does not like chocolate for Valentine's? CHEESE! Here are some pics of the food we had tonight:


*We went on a trip to Murray's Cheese to create our cheese wheel. We decided on a little European tour with cheeses from Spain, The Netherlands and France. From left and clockwise (from the mildest to the strongest): Gallego (cow soft cheese), Murcial al Vino (goat cheese cured in red wine), 2 year Boerenkaase (gouda with crystals) and Bleu D'Auberegne (sheep roquefort)*

*After buying the cheese, we made a stop at the charcuterie, on the left we have wagyu beef bresaola and on the right side black truffle salami*



*To accompany our meal, we opened the Newton unfiltered chardonnay we bough at a wine tasting some months ago. We have been saving it for a special occasion*

* And for dessert, we split a red velvet cupcake from Crumbs*

As for presents, we gave each other things that we have both wanted for a while. In other words, we bought our own presents and just have them to each other. Brendan got his golf shoes, and I got a new racing swimsuit and water goggles for my swimming training.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

1 comment: